Bike Buying Tips:
How to select the best bike for you
Selecting the best bike is an important step to ensuring your satisfaction of your cycling whether you are a performance athlete or a beginner. The following items should be discussed with the staff at Bike World to help determine the best model:
- Your body measurements and type, to determine the best frame. Specifically, we will need to measure your inseam measurement, arm length and height to suggest the best bike.
- Where do you plan to ride your bike: roads or trails?
- How often do you plan on riding?
- Do you want to ride with your children or with a group?
- Will you be taking your bike with you when you travel?
How to prevent injury
Make sure you have been sized on the proper size bicycle for you. Make sure the seat height is correct and the stem length is not too short or too long. The wrong size bicycle can make you feel very uncomfortable during and after a ride. You may have too much pressure on your hands, wrists, and shoulders. The wrong seat height can make your knees have discomfort as well. Make sure you stretch properly before and after your ride.
How to maintain your bike
Follow these tips from Bike World to get the most from your bike:
- Always store your bike inside your garage or house.
- Do not leave your bicycle vulnerable to the weather. Make sure you never put your bicycle away wet or leave it out in the rain so that you can prevent rust on your bike.
- Make sure you properly lube your bicycle. Do not let your chain become dry.
- Maintain the proper air pressure in your tires to prevent punctures.
- Have your bicycle serviced regularly at Bike World to prevent any long term damage.
- Check out our service page for all your service needs.
How to choose accessories
Make sure you choose accessories such as helmets and clothing that properly fit you. Bike World sales staff will gladly help ensure a proper fit for helmets, shoes, bicycle shorts, etc. The right accessory should make your ride more enjoyable. Ask Bike World to help you choose bags, lights, seats, etc. that will make your next ride even better. Check out our accessories page to see what you may need.
How to ride safely
Bike World believes that you should always be safe when bike riding. Bring your bicycle in to Bike World's service department to make sure it is performing correctly and have a safety check performed on it. Always wear a helmet when bike riding. Bike World carries a huge selection of helmets so that you get the proper size and style. If riding at dusk, dawn, or at night make sure you have a proper light set so you can be seen.